Thursday, March 5, 2009

CRA v2

o.k., I have to admit it, I began feeling bad this week that maybe my last post re: CRA in Indianapolis was a little harsh. In that post I compared what percentage of mortgage loans in the Indianapolis MSA were made by banks vs. what percentage of deposits they held. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that a lot of of the mortgage market is made up of non-deposit lenders (in this case for 2007, over 60 percent of the market was made of lenders other than those listed as the top deposit institutions) that I should take a second look. The chart below shows a revised calculation that looks solely at the mortgage loans made within the existing group of deposit institutions compared to the percentage of deposits made by those lenders. A couple of noticeable differences (yeah 5/3rd!!), too much of the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment